Being a young woman can be complicated…
Young women: “Do not forsake wisdom, and she will watch over you. The beginning of wisdom is this: Wisdom is supreme, therefore get wisdom. Though it will cost all you have, get understanding. Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you.” Proverbs 6-8
What advice would you give yourself if you could go back in time? What would you do differently?
Share your advice & wisdom in the comments below. Let’s collect endless wisdom for the sisters, daughters, girlfriends and wives in our world!
7 Pieces of Advice I’ve Gathered for Young Women
1. Young women, beware of the many young boys disguising themselves as grown men. Their disguise may be extravagant; fancy cars, expensive homes, smooth words. These boys will be experts in many things, but sacrifice, selflessness and perseverance will likely not be in their repertoire. This is how you will know if they are truly ready to love a young woman.
2. Many will desire you. Some will value you. Your positive spirit is attractive. It is your responsibility to discern between the people who are infatuated with the idea of you, and the ones who treasure your soul. Many will want you for what you can offer them. A select few will value your being as a whole. Guard your heart.
3. Listen to your intuition when it does not trust a person or situation. Be selective in who you choose to surround yourself with. The norms of friends will eventually become yours and before you know it, this is what your soul will identify as familiar and you will be self-sabotaging your life with the very people you chose to see on the daily.
4. Rise above the pack mentality. Seek advice from trusted sources. You do not need to be in the company of others to be fulfilled. Choose wellness, wise young women to associate closely with, and activities that cultivate joy and peace. Honor the lessons you’ve learned by doing it differently next time.
5. You are responsible for your own happiness. You are the creator of your baseline. In triumph and defeat, no one else has the ability to control your response. Choose a partner who supports you in success and failure and who will not abandon you, or worse yet, destroy what you are building. But should this happen, choose the path of love and healing. Rebuild as many times as necessary. Grow. Love. Endure. Love yourself well and you will set the bar for how your lover will love you.
6. Ask for discernment and wisdom, and selectively choose your path. Ultimately, you must live with the consequences of your decisions. Do not choose based on rebellion or conformity according to external influence. Let go of shame. We are all doing the best we can, based on our own experiences. Many will claim to know the answers one way or another. You will come to find that we are all just humans, doing our best to interpret the information we’ve gathered through our own experience in a specific context. Do not burden yourself with the wisdom of a single person. No matter how wise, it is just a single person. Communication is often troublesome. Seek wellness and wisdom and do not leave a wake of destruction for others to clean up after you.
7. Don’t take yourself too seriously. While you strive to grow and learn, remember that you are one blink in the vast span of time. All of humanity is experiencing their own trials, rising and falling. Do the best you can while maintaining a joyful disposition. Seek the Spirit of Truth and your path will be straight.